David P. Street
David Street is a senior principal in GKG Law's Transportation, Trade and Logistics group. David represents NVOCC's, forwarders, shippers, indirect air carriers and shippers' associations in commercial and regulatory matters. He has represented clients before the Federal Maritime Commission, United States Customs and Border Protection, Bureau of the Census, Transportation Security Administration, Federal Aviation Administration, United States Coast Guard, Bureau of Industry and Security, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, Defense Security Service, Office of Foreign Assets Control and in State and Federal courts.
In addition to his legal career, David has been a teacher, Manager of International Affairs for a major U.S. oil company, and President of an import trading firm in Los Angeles.
- Georgetown University (Juris Doctor, 1976)
- George Washington University (M.A., 1972)
- Duke University (B.A., 1967)
- District of Columbia
- Maritime Administrative Bar Association (Past President)
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- American Bar Association
- "The Break-Up of the Soviet Monolith in Eastern Europe," The Journal of International and Comparative Studies, (Washington) 1971.