Keith G. Swirsky
(202) 965-5725 Fax
- Georgetown University (Master of Laws in Taxation, 1988)
- Georgetown University (Juris Doctor, with distinction, 1984)
- Cornell University (B.S., with honors, 1981)
- District of Columbia
Keith G. Swirsky
Keith Swirsky is President of GKG Law, P.C. Keith is also Chair of the law firm’s Business Aircraft Group and Tax Group. With over 27 years of private law practice experience, Keith has now planned and structured over 4,000 aircraft transactions.
GKG Law's Business Aircraft Group is one of the leading practices of its type in the world, primarily devoted to aircraft acquisitions and sales, federal and state taxation, financing, and tax-free exchanges.
Keith counsels clients on a wide variety of aviation matters, including:
- tax efficient structures;
- business terms and documentation pertinent to aircraft purchases and sales (both new and used);
- external aircraft management arrangements;
- aircraft financing;
- tax-free exchanges of aircraft; and
- fractional aircraft ownership and operations.
Keith also provides general corporate counsel advice, and has structured and documented numerous corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Civic & Professional Activities
- Founding Member, Chairman of the Transactions Working Group, Past Chairman of the Federal Tax Working Group, Tax Committee, National Business Aviation Association
- Past Chairman, Associate Member Committee, National Aircraft Resale Association
- Member, National Aircraft Finance Association
- Member, Helicopter Association International
- Past Co-chairman, North American Section of Taxation, Interlaw
- Past Chairman, Section of Taxation, Fairfax County, Virginia Bar Association
- Strategies for Tracking & Reporting Non-Business Use of Aircraft, October 22, 2013
- Tax-Free Exchanges Under IRC 1031 and Bonus Depreciation Updates, October 8, 2013
- Acquiring a Business Aircraft 101 (Part 2), December 6, 2013
- Acquiring a Business Aircraft 101 (Part 1), November 1, 2013
- Federal Excise Tax on Aircraft Management Companies, October 22, 2013
- Strategies for Tracking & Reporting Non-Business Use of Aircraft, October 20, 2013
- UPCOMING FREE WEBINAR: Bonus Depreciatipn Update/Tax-Free Aircraft Exchanges Under Code Section 1031, on October 8, 2013, at 1:00 p.m., October 8, 2013
- Upcoming NBAA Business Aviation Regional Forum: Keith Swirsky to give presentation entitled "Key Considerations When Hiring or Switching Aircraft Management Companies", June 6, 2013