Steven John Fellman
Steve Fellman is a trade regulation attorney focusing on the representation of non-profit organizations and corporate clients in a wide variety of antitrust, competition, corporate governance and public policy related issues. He has defended trade associations and corporate clients in Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice and private treble damage actions in courts throughout the country. He has advised non-profit organizations regarding mergers, corporate organization, public policy and tax issues.
- General counsel for associations in the construction industry, laundry industry, professional services industry, insurance industry and financial services industry.
- Special counsel for many associations including those in the motion picture theatre industry, health care industry and indoor environment industry.
- Filed Amicus briefs, on behalf of clients in the United States District Courts for the 2nd Circuit, 5th Circuit, 6th Circuit, 7th Circuit, 9th Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- Represented owners of public accommodations in Americans With Disabilities Act matters.
- Trial Attorney, Federal Trade Commission, 1962 – 1965
- Former Chair of the Antitrust and Trade Association Committee of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Former Chair of the Trade Association Committee of the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association
- Former member of the Council of the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association
- Former Chair of the Legal Section of the American Society of Association Executives.
- Lectured extensively on antitrust, competition and association governance matters.
- Former member of the faculty of the Institute for Organization Management of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Co-Author - Antitrust Advisor, 4th Edition (West Group)
- Regular contributor to publications such as Association Trends, the Construction User and Textile Rental.
- Member of the Board of Advisors of BottomLine Briefing.
- DC Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Fellow
- American Bar Association Foundation
- Related Practice Areas
- Using The Pro-Competitive Benefits Of Industry Standards, Accreditation And Certification Programs To Overcome Antitrust Law Restrictions On Restraining Trade, June 25, 2014
- Contractor Collaboration - What Antitrust Boundaries Separate Legal Joint Ventures from Illegal Bid Rigging, February 26, 2013
- Supreme Court Gives Obama Opening for New Regulations Without Notice and Comment Rulemaking, March 24, 2015
- Using IRS Form EZ to Set Up a New Foundation, July 18, 2014