Svetlana Lyubchenko is an associate in the firm’s Transportation, Trade & Logistics Group. Her practice focuses on federal regulation of surface transportation industries, international trade, export controls, economic sanctions and general litigation matters. Prior to joining GKG Law, Svetlana was an associate at Foley & Lardner LLP, where she worked in the energy group. Ms. Lyubchenko is qualified to practice law in Kazakhstan.
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (J.S.D., 2008)
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (L.L.M., 2004)
- State University of Qaraghandy School of Law (LL.B., with honor, 2001)
- Lingua University in Qaraghandy, Kazakhstan (B.A., 2001)
- District of Columbia
- Qualified to Practice Law in Kazakhstan
Counsel for Qaraghandy-Power Ltd., Kazakhstan; handled various matters including rate making, antitrust, energy regulation and general litigation at both the trial and appellate levels.
Worked at the national enterprise KazMunayGas in Kazakhstan; focused on matters involving oil and gas transactions with foreign investors.
Svetlana's doctoral dissertation related to international production sharing agreements in the oil and gas sectors of Russia and Central Asia.