Regulatory Compliance Including FAA, DOT and SEC Planning
One of the key aspects of owning and operating a business aircraft is ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulatory requirements including those of the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Securities Exchange Commission, the Federal Election Commission, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the International Registry of Mobile Assets and any state government counterparts to these Federal governmental authorities. The attorneys in the Business Aviation Group at GKG Law are well versed in all of the regulatory requirements applicable to business aircraft ownership and operations and can provide valuable guidance to business aircraft owners and operators regarding compliance with these complex and often contradictory requirements.
We address all facets of regulatory compliance issues including:
- Creating aircraft ownership, operating, leasing and charter structures that are compliant with the Federal Aviation Regulations (including FAR Part 91 and FAR Part 135)
- Defending FAA enforcement actions and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol audits
- Developing fractional and hybrid shared ownership aircraft programs that comply with FAA and DOT regulatory requirements
- Ensuring compliance with the Cape Town Convention
- Advising clients with respect to the application of FEC and state requirements for the provision of air transportation to candidates for elective office
Without the assistance of an experienced and knowledgeable advisor, it can be impossible to know whether you have correctly followed the byzantine maze of regulatory requirements that apply to business aircraft ownership and operations. In addition, the requirements of many of these rules are often counterintuitive. Ultimately, the failure to properly follow all of these rules can result in legally and financially catastrophic consequences.
At GKG Law, our deep knowledge and broad experience in the area of the regulation of business aircraft ownership and operations enables us to give our clients the comfort of knowing that their needs in this area have been met and that their needs for compliance with the legal rules relating to the ownership and operation of their aircraft have been met.